Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

I have been reflecting this week a lot on the past year, so much has happened and I feel like the Lord has refined me in so many ways. I began a post at the end of the summer to recap but I never got around to publishing it, so part of this post is that.

When I think back on last spring one thing that pops into my mind is the amount of funerals that I had to attend. Some for people who are much older than me and one for someone who was a peer. I think it really showed me just how short life can be and I hope that my 2013 spring does not hold the same thing. I also think the Lord was preparing me for what I was to face in May, reminding me that I am not alone in my feelings.

In May, my very best friend of 13 years ended her valiant fight with cancer. I look back on that still with a heavy heart because I selfishly miss her so much. She was the most courageous, strong, faithful, Godly woman I have ever known. I learned so much from her about following your dreams and always having a positive outlook on life! Even though she let me in to some of those not so fun moments of her life, she always knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I am so thankful for the many evenings and summer trips we spent together in high school but even more thankful for the time we got to spend together after college in Houston. We were all grown up talking about life and boys. I keep her in my heart at all times and there hasn't been a moment since she left this earth that she's slipped my mind.

About a week later, Kory and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. We went to the beach with our good friends Kelli and Chad which was the perfect end to a crappy few weeks :) I am so thankful for Kory, he continues to challenge me to be a better me. He supports me in all that I do and he is a wonderful leader of our family.

About a month later 2 became 2 and a dog! I still can't believe I have a dog and that I take care of him:) I still have trouble with the smelly stuff but it's good practice for having babies right? Kory is in love with the Dukester and will sometimes say "Amanda, he's a dog" and then turn around and feel bad for him... It's really sweet!

In July we took a vacation to Utah and Colorado. My favorite part was still Arches National Park! Seriously if you have a chance to go, do it! It was amazing.

At the end of July, I reached a long time goal of mine and received a 2nd grade teaching job!!

August was a very busy month for us and it ended with me having the first day of school AND our house got broken in to. Gosh that whole time just seems like  blur now but it was one more reminder that everything that was taken was just stuff. We were thankful that Duke was not hurt or stolen during the whole process. At the end of that CRAZY week my principal came to me and informed me that there was a high possibility that I would have to move to Kindergarten. On Wednesday of the 2nd week of school I was teaching 20 new kindergartens.

Whew! I am even tired after typing that. We enjoyed a wonderful fall, filled with many football games and family time. We came into the holidays just feeling very thankful for all that we had and for all that 2012 held for us.

We hope that your 2013 is filled with many happy memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment