Friday, August 3, 2012

Sight: San Angelo, TX

Last weekend my sister Sarah and I headed out of Houston for a 6.5 hour drive across Texas to San Angelo for our Great Aunts (my grandmothers aunt) 100th birthday party. We met my family there who only had like a 4 hour drive, lucky them:) We had lots of fun on our road trip and only stopped twice which was a huge feat for us. We had a wonderful weekend getting to spend time with family that we don't see very often and seeing where our Mimi grew up, went to school and many many houses.

Now, I don't know about you guys but everyone on our trip had an iPhone and none of them really knew how to use them. On Saturday we went on a "tour" of San Angelo which actually took about 3 hours, I was dubbed the person in charge of Conference calling everyone so we could hear our tour guide.
Craziness right?

It actually worked out better than I had thought once we all realized to mute our phones unless you wanted to talk. Here is a bunch of photos that I took of this cute little town.


This was the Telephone Company that many of my great uncles and maybe my great grandad worked. Those girls are my precious cousins Addison and Ainsley.

We thought this was a really cool building and I think Sarah made this
her background on her phone.

This is my Aunt Nina's house. It was so cute:)

 I got to go on the tour with my sisties, we had lots of fun!!

The reason why I am posting this picture is because of the story behind it.
My great grandparentsdied within 2 hours of each other.
 My Aunt Jane told us a story while we were here that her father had
written her a letter telling her that they prayed often that the Lord would take them together and he did.
 It is a beautiful love story:)


And finally the woman we made the long trek for my Aunt Nina. She is simply amazing, I almost have no words to describe her. She has more energy than anyone I know and remembers everything about you. I will never forget about 10 years ago the family was in Destin for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and we took Aunt Nina to Starbucks. She ordered a venti frappachino, got all the way to the bottom of it and noticed there was a piece of ice not blended. She walked right up to the guy and said "There is a huge piece of ice at the bottom" and he said "I'm sorry ma'am" and then she asked him "What are you going to do about it?" You know what he made her another one! It was hilarious!

Here is the whole Nicholas clan at her birthday party.


It was so much fun! On another note a big change in my life happened right before we went, I got a job teaching my own 2nd grade class. This has been a goal of mine for a few years now and I'm so excited about this new journey for me. I may not do another blog post for a while:) but I will try.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely loved spending the weekend with you, sweet girl. Miss you tons and hope to see you again soon. The girls LOVED hanging out with you and now ask me daily when they'll get to go swimming again with you. :)

    ReplyDelete