Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Project Tomato! Yummmm

Maybe I can jump back on this blogging thing this summer! I mean I should have more time right? I am only working half days right now:)

This spring Kory and I decided that it would be really fun to grow our own tomatoes. Next year we would like to grow more veggies in our back yard but since this was our first time to grow ANYTHING we decided to stick to tomatoes. We bought the pots and dirt at Wal-Mart and the plants and cage at Home Depot.

We DID NOT nurture our plants from seeds, if you didn't know that is a TON of work! So we went ahead and bought plants that were already growing. Kory got the Patio tomato and I got Roma tomatoes.
Our tomatoes have grown so much since we first planted them back in April, we are actually enjoying some of our tomatoes now!

This was such a wonderful project to do together, we kind of have a competition going and mine is sprouting tomatoes like crazy!

Hope you are enjoying many summer fruits and veggies!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment